Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I love how Nehemiah turns instantly to God and speaks his prayers as if God were physically there alongside him. I used to think David was the only person from the Old Testament who was not a prophet who prayed like this, but have learned there were many who enjoyed this relationship before the "veil was torn". They trusted in the work of Christ as a future event as we trust it as past. I sometimes experience this degree of closeness, but have to say it is not always. Also, what a great motivator Nehemiah must have been! To have all these people working day and night under such adverse conditions. Of course, sometimes that sort of thing tends to inspire us and focus our attention on a common goal. His constant prayer and full reliance on God inspires me all these centuries later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.