Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Well, I just can't imagine the emotion building the altar once again in the same spot after it seems around 70 years (correct me if that is not right).  It was not easy because of the  opposition from those who were lived there and did not respect the fact that they had ancient entitlements to that land.  Then, as they laid the foundation of the temple is seems many rejoiced but the old men who had see the first house wept, it was a combination of praise and weeping.  Maybe the old men were afraid that the new temple would not match the splendor of the original one and also were weeping because of the emotion of it all.  So much to take in and enjoy, it proves once again that God is indeed in complete control and His will is always accomplished in His way. 

1 comment:

  1. I thought the same thing, about the old men who wept. Probably over all they had lost, and at the same time, they were a part of bringing it back. I tried to imagine what that would be like. I couldn't come up with anything comparable. I was going to see if there is any information in the Bible to tell us whether the altar was being used up until the time of the captivity. I suspect it may have been un-used for a longer period of time, but don't really know.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.