Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I am enjoying all your posts, welcome Jen, 
I know I'm kinda ahead, but today in reading Gen. 22:7,8 I was amazed how willing Abraham was to do whatever God asked of him," Willing"  is the word of the day for me, that is all He asks of me, and He will provide.
Also, what a timely remembrance of the cross in that God spared Isaac with the ram, but He sacrificed  His only Son Jesus so we could be saved from our sin and have eternal life!  No substitutes, Jesus was the perfect sacrifice.

2 comments:

  1. I am also thinking that the first part of the test was that Abraham was sensitive to God's voice and heard it. I agree not only with how willing Abraham was, but the lack of hesitation; Abraham respondeded immediately, without hesitation, to an impossibly difficult task.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.