Saturday, April 25, 2009
Some thoughts on multiple chapters, since (it’s SO not like me) I put off reading most of the book until the last week of the month! Things I wonder about: In CH 11, do you think if all mankind were working together, they could really reach Heaven? Were some of the fallen angels helping them? What kind of technology did they have? CH 12, how old was Lot when they set out from Ur, and when his father and grandfather died? Did Abram raise him, or was he already grown? I don’t think it tells us just when Lot got married. When God appeared to Abram, was it physically? (I think it must have been, but in what form?) CH 19, what was it in Sodom that caused Lot and his wife to desire to stay, at risk of their very lives? Material possessions? Friends? Status? Maybe all of these and more. Whatever it was, it is a great illustration of every one of us that are called to leave the things of this world behind. Easy to see in hindsight, but not so much when we’re in the middle of it. CH 22, surely God knew that Abraham would carry out the sacrifice of his son, yet he tells him, “now I know …” (v 12). Does God test our love for Him the same way? The benefits of the witness and physical act of obedience are evident, but He doesn’t say, “now everyone else knows”. ? Finally, CH 23, is Abraham’s purchase of the land in Hebron recorded anywhere besides the Bible?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.