Thursday, April 30, 2009

Well it is the last day of the month and I just finished the book of Genesis. It was a great month of remembering many Bible stories, learning new things and things I had forgotten. I loved the last half of Genesis: the accounts of Jacob and his love of Rachel on thorough Joseph and the account of his being sold into Egypt, his rise to power, the brothers coming to Egypt, their reunion, and Josephs' example of love and forgiveness but most of all his love and honor to God. He knew that it was God leading Him and directing his life. Chap.50 v.20 Joseph was speaking to his brothers after they had asked him for forgiveness and their willingness to be his servants..."But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." He knew the purpose God had for him in his life, and he did it! Looking forward to May and the new "book of the month." Let's get more people excited about joining us and leaving comments! I will try to do more commenting on others' posts

1 comment:

  1. I love the story of Joseph, too, and especially that verse. I've considered it often when things happen that seem to have no "place" in what I think God's plan is (or should be, according to me.) Joseph is an awesome character study. I read somewhere that their burial ritual was so imporant to the Egyptians that Joseph's decision to be buried with his ancestors caused the Egyptians to erase all reference to him from their history. I haven't done any research to see if that is true but, if I'm not mistaken, there is no reference to him in the history of Egypt.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.